This weekend we welcomed 3 extra children into Number 2. Tom had a belated sleepover party for his birthday. Not a problem the hubby and I thought, how hard can it be to have 3 extra boys sleeping over and then a trip bowling and lunch out to celebrate his 9th birthday.
It was the first sleepover Tom has had, he has never been too keen in the past but he was very excited this time. In previous years we have held parties in village halls where I have led the entertainment or we have hired a DJ or a magician to entertain the children. A sleepover will be a doddle we thought!
So at 5pm on Saturday night the celebrations began. Thank goodness for Scalextric! The boys spent a good hour playing with it before eating me out of house and home. The Chicken Fajitas went down a treat, followed by a chocolate smartie cake and then choc ices. It's amazing how much eight & nine year old boys can eat.
While we cleared up, the scalextric was played with again, then a movie was put on, complete with popcorn and a box of Quality Street. Hubby and I retreated up stairs, and played games with Lottie before she went to sleep.
Anyway, the boys got ready for bed about 9:30pm! Oh we thought, this is good, we can watch some TV they will go to sleep and then we can! It was after 11pm when they finally stopped talking, giggling and singing! And nearer midnight when they were all asleep. Then they were all up at 7 on Sunday morning! Why don't they lie in?
They then ate me out of house and home again! Homemade pancakes, croissants, choc au pans and cereal, then more scalextric before going bowling and TGI Fridays for lunch. They kept going all day, hubby and I were shattered. But saying that it was great. They were all so well behaved. It was a pleasure to have them stay and take them out. Tom is very lucky he has some great friends.
But one thing before I finish! I don't want to hear about Moshi Monsters again! They talked non stop about Moshi monsters. I think I now know everything there is to know about Moshi monsters, which are rare and ultra rare, which series they come from etc etc! Such joy from tiny plastic creatures! (Wish I had invented them!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x