Pages

Friday, 18 January 2013

A Snow Day.

Today we have had a wonderful day, definitely not a typical Friday.  We woke early to find everything outside was covered in a thick blanket of snow and it was still snowing. 

My mobile beeped at 6:30am with the exciting news "Go back to bed, school is closed for the day, see you Monday!"  We don't often get snow "down south" so excitement quickly spread through every room at Number 2.

We love the snow.  Everything looked beautiful, soft white snow covering everything.
  

So the plan for the day was simple. Hot buttery crumpets for breakfast, bread machine on and sledges out!  We filled the flasks, found the hats,gloves and thick welly socks and off we went with friends sledging!  What a laugh!

 
Making Snow Angels

Brotherly Love!
Hope you have all had a great day in the snow!
x

4 comments:

  1. We had a snow day today, the boys have had a week of snow and are now well and truly sick of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen the snow down here is beginning to thaw now, school only closed for one day but it did make a lovely long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the text message you received from school! I wish I was sent back to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, however much I wanted to go back to bed I didn't get a chance, as two very excited children wanting to be outside by half past 7 put paid to that! Doubt I will get another text like that from work again soon:)

      Delete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x