Pages

Saturday, 1 March 2014

Loving the little things #7

Its been back to school and work this week for us all.

It amazes me that a working school week always seem to go so much slower than a holiday week!

I'm joining in again with Morgana on this super little linky over at butwhymummywhy

READ
This week I've been reading The Cuckoos Calling by Robert Galbraith aka J.K Rowling. I'm just getting into it. A model has fallen from a balcony and the police are saying its suicide, however her brother doesn't believe it so he has hired a private detective. It's taken a while to get going, it's a good read but it seems a little long winded in places.

WATCHED
Hubby and I have had a week catching up on the Midsomer Murders we recorded weeks ago.  We both quite like watchIng a TV crime drama. It's been easy watching, just what we needed after a day at work. I can even sit and mark my books while watching and not lose track of what's happening!

HEARD
This week we've been making the most of the digital radio my brother and sister in law bought us for Christmas. It's great. It sits in the window sill in the kitchen and we listen to Chris Evans Breakfast Show while we eat breakfast and then have Heart on while cooking dinner.

MADE
Mars bar crispy cake! We love this chocolately, marshmallowy chewy cake. It's a quick no bake recipe that uses Mars Bars, rice crispys and syrup all melted and mixed together and covered in more chocolate! It's perfect as it's quick easy and delicious. I cut it into smaller squares for the children's lunchbox treats and slightly bigger squares for hubby and I. The only trouble is it's very moreish, so it's hard to stop at one piece!

AND LASTLY...
I've been loving the lighter mornings and lighter evenings. This week it's still been light at 6pm the days are beginning to feel longer and it's easier getting up when it's already light outside! I just wish I'd been lucky enough to spot the beautiful Northern Lights this week, the photos on the news looked incredible, so beautiful and mystical. It's on my bucket list to see them! 

I hope you have all had a great week too.

Jill x 

PS: I am not being rude not commenting on people's blogs but I have been having trouble commenting on other blogger blogs via my ipad this week and the laptop is out of action at the moment. Sorry everyone, I am reading and living all the posts you are making I just can't seem to comment. Not sure why but hopefully it will resolve its self soon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x