Wow, what a gorgeous day we've had down south today! The temperature gauge hit 19 degrees.
We went for a lovely walk around the zoo. It felt like everyone had the same idea, I haven't seen it so busy for a long time. Queues everywhere. As we have Annual Membership we walked straight through the queues which was lucky. There were flip flops, sun hats and flesh on show everywhere.
I think the fact we have had sooooo much rain since Christmas, everyone was desperate to make the most of the sun. It was wonderful, walking round with bare arms and eating ice creams. There were people sharing picnics and a general buzz of happiness everywhere. Even the animals seemed to be enjoying the sunshine.
Tom took charge of the camera today. I've just downloaded his photos and we've had a real giggle at these. I think he picked a camera shy Meerkat.
And finally... he managed to get a photo of its face!
Just look at the sky! Not a cloud and the brightest blue you could imagine.
Unfortunately, I think its going to rain tomorrow.
However, we've got a lovely sunny glow from today. I hope where ever you are you've had some sunshine this weekend.
Looks like a glorious sunny day. I've become a zoo obsessive since becoming a mum, and I'm hoping to have a few zoo trips with the family this summer! x
ReplyDelete