Pages

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Hotel Chocolate Easter Egg - Review

Easter is only a couple of weeks away and the shops have been full of Easter related chocolate goodies for weeks.
I love chocolate (which girl doesn't).
 
So imagine the smile on my face when I was asked if I would review an Easter Egg from Hotel Chocolat!
 
 
Look at this egg!  This isn't your normal Chocolate Easter Egg! Oh no! This is Hotel Chocolat's "Your Eggsellency - Extra Thick Egg"
 
And Extra thick it is! None of this easily snapping sort of chocolate egg!  One half of the egg shell is made from gorgeously moreish 40% milk chocolate and is an incredible 1.5cms thick!
 
 
The other half of the egg shell is made with their deeply smooth 70% dark chocolate and again is an incredible 1.5 cms thick!
 
As well as all that thick delicious chocolate in the egg shell inside each shell was a selection of cream truffles.  Not any sort of truffle though - oh no! These are Alcohol flavoured grown up truffles!
 
 
There are a total of 12 chocolate truffles;
  • 2 Amaretto Amour - a creamy truffle with a dash of amaretto and a sprinkle of crushed amaretti biscuits (WOW! these were incredible and my favourite)
  • 2 Ruby Port Truffles - a special reserve ruby port perfectly matched with deep dark chocolate truffle (hubby liked these, and I imagine my Dad would too)
  • 2 Gin Truffles in Dark Chocolate - Light London dry gin truffle with plenty of juniper notes and fresh citrus zing (I agree with the small print on the menu card with this one "Could blow your socks off" WOW!)
  • 2 Champagne Truffles in White Chocolate - White chocolate and cream softened with a splash of champagne (Delicious!)
  • 2 Rum Truffles - lashings of premium dark rum in creamy chocolate truffle.  (Another "Could blow your socks off" truffle WOW)
And then finally our favourite truffle of them all!
  • 2 Mojito Cocktail Truffles - Punchy cocktail truffles with Jamaican white rum, refreshing mint and zingy lime (Hubby and I loved these, it was just like the mojitos we love on the beach in Mexico all inside a chocolate- totally amazing!)
 
 
This is a truly distinguished egg! It isn't your ordinary Chocolate Easter Egg, far from it! This is an egg to share with someone special.  An totally grown up adult egg to eat once the children are in bed!
Hence the price!
 
It is currently in Hotel Chocolat's shops and on line for £28. 
 
Which I agree is a lot for a Chocolate Easter Egg.
 
HOWEVER, this isn't an ordinary Chocolate Easter Egg, so I think it is worth it as a special treat!  Even the box and packaging are beautiful!
 
 

 The lovely people at Hotel Chocolate sent me this for a review - all the words and opinions are my own. 
 
Happy Easter
 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x