I had such good plans for blog posts this week and yet here I am again, Friday night and I've not written any!
I just don't seem to have any time at the moment. Work is hectic and so is home life at the moment. So much to do and such little time, I feel like I'm chasing my tail all the time!
As always I'm joining in with This super little linky at butwhymummywhy
Here are the little things that have made my week...
READ
I am still reading The Cuckoos Calling. It's been slow going this week though. I sort of hit a rut with it earlier on in the week and left it unopened on the bedside table for a few nights! But last night I got back into it. I read for a hour before falling asleep.
WATCHED
Lottie dancing in a school dance show. I was so proud of her. On Monday evening along with the other year 2s in her class, she danced a routine put together by two talented teaching assistants at her school. The theme for the dance show was "Friendship" and three schools took part. They were the youngest children there. The looked so smart in their bright yellow t shirts and black shorts. They danced with enthusiasm, and huge smiles on their faces! It was fantastic. Every seat had been sold, there was an audience of 500 people. I would have been so nervous but the children took it all in their stride, like true professionals.
HEARD
I'm loving John Legend's All of Me. Whenever I turn on the radio it seems to be playing. I am going to have to download it.
MADE
Pancakes, obviously! Why is it the first one in the pan is always a disaster (or is that just here!)
A ladybird costume! Lottie's school had a dressing up day on Thursday for Book Day. She decided on the Bad Tempered Ladybird ( after a little prompting!) So, after work on Tuesday night I was busy making wings. Now I'm not the worlds best seamstress, I don't even own a sewing machine but I can be inventive and so a simple red pillowcase was transformed into ladybird wings with the help of a pair of scissors and some black card circles. It wouldn't have won me a place on the sewing bee program that's for sure but Lottie loved it. She came home from school telling me all about the costumes her friends had worn, apparently Flat Stanley was amazing but couldn't sit down!
AND LASTLY...



What a fantastic costume! We had Angelina Ballerina and Pocahontas - thankfully they didn't need me to really make anything for them. Sewing and crafting are not great skills of mine!
ReplyDeleteSorry, I'm late in commenting, we've been away all weekend and this is the first chance I've had. Have a lovely week xx
Thank you Morgana, Lottie went as Angelina Ballerina last year. I really wish sewing was my thing but unfortunately it isn't! Hope you had a lovely weekend away. Jill x
DeleteThe ladybird costume is fantastic! My daughters school aren't dressing up until sports relief, she wants to go as a ladybird too from What the Ladybird heard!
ReplyDeleteThank You Becky, We love the book What the Ladybird heard! The ladybird costume was so easy to make I just used a pillow case and some black card circles. Luckily we had the little red net skirt from a previous ballet show! Jill x
Delete