Pages

Sunday, 23 March 2014

Love the Little Things #10

Oh dear, oh dear, I'm getting later and later joining in with Morgana's lovely linky, appreciating the little things that have made up my week.
 
The last few weeks have been so busy, I've barely had time to breathe.  Work has been a priority this week I'm afraid.  Lots of paper work, meetings and deadlines.   Luckily I don't have many weeks like this but every now and again the paper work side of teaching really takes over :0(
 
However, I love the phrase "Better late than never" and it seems to be becoming my motto.  
So here is a look back at the little things I have...
 
READ
I am still working my way through The Cuckoos Calling.  If I'm brutally honest I'm getting a bit bored with it.  Don't get me wrong, I am still reading it, its not bad enough to stop.  However, I am finding it very long winded.  I have bought a couple of new books which are sitting on my bedside table ready to start.  Maybe by next week I will have started them!
 
WATCHED
Not much on the TV.  Apart from the news and weather as I'm getting ready for work.  However, I did catch about half an hour of Live from Space on Chanel 4 last Sunday.  It was amazing.   Watching the amazing shots of the Earth from the International Space Station as it performed an entire circuit of the globe, truly incredible! My only little quibble is how did Dermot O'Leary get the presenters job?  Don't get me wrong I think he is great but it just seemed a little bizarre seeing him doing something so scientific and serious compared to his normal X Factor role.
 
 
 
HEARD
I'm loving Kylie's new album.  I've been listening to it via O2 Tracks as they gave me a link to listen for free.  I wasn't so sure about it at first, but it is growing on me!
 
MADE
Lemon and Elderflower Drizzle Cake. Yummy.  Here is the recipe.  Its easy to make and extremely lemony! 
 
WORE
This week has been a bizarre one weather wise so I've been wearing lots of layers!  Last weekend we were basking in 19 degree sunshine wearing vest tops (Lottie and I) and shorts (the boys!) then today we've had woolly jumpers and winter coats.
 
AND FINALLY...
This week as well as work, work and more work, we've had;
  • Lottie's parents evening (Amazing! We were very proud parents, she is doing so well)
  •  
  • Swimming lessons, Lottie achieved two more swimming badges (her grade 3 and 20metre)
  • Lottie represented her school in a gym competition (and came first in the year 1 and 2 age group, she now goes through to the area finals in Taunton in two weeks time)
  •  
  • AND... Tom represented his school in a charity sponsored swim event today.  (He was the only boy in his team of 6.  They had to swim as many lengths as they could in 30 minutes.  He managed more lengths than any one else in his group.)
Hubby and I have been proud parents all week.
 
I'm secretly hoping next week is a little quieter. 
 
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x