Hello! I can't believe another week has past me by again!
I know I've been a bit quiet lately....I just seem to be struggling to manage juggling everything at the moment: teaching full time, family life, the children's after school activities, house work and keeping the blog up to date at the moment. Sometimes I have weeks like this! I know I'll sort it out soon, I always do!
Once again, I'm joining in with Morgana over at Butwhymummywhy to look back at the little things that have made up my week. Even though I'm a day late!
READ
This week I have read lots! Well, a lot of children's books! At work we held our Book Week this week so I have had lots of opportunities to read to not only my class but also all the children in other classes over the week. One of my many roles at work is to lead Literacy across the school, so the week started with a whole school assembly where I manage to get all the other teaching staff to share their favourite childhood books. It was amazing, the children loved hearing which books we all remembered and why. I particularly loved the Reception teachers favourite book and reason, "The Magic Porridge Pot", she explained in great detail reading the book over and over again and imagining what it would be like to see porridge splurting out of a huge porridge pot everywhere!
As part of Book Week I also entered our Extreme Reading Competition. The children and staff were asked to take a photo of themselves reading in an unusual place! We had some amazing entries, from children at the swimming pool, to reading in trees and even pegged on the washing line! As a family we all joined in, even though it meant carrying some books with us everywhere we went at the weekend and some strange looks from people as we took the photos. Here are some of our photos:
WATCHED
Last night felt like the first evening this week where hubby and I managed to sit down and watch something on the box! We watched Gogglebox. It was hilarious. We have only watched it a couple of times before but we were in fits of laughter last night. Just what we needed after such a busy week. If you've never watched it, it is a TV fly on the wall show where you watch families from all across the UK watching TV. You need to watch it to fully understand the comical value. Look out for it on Friday Night on Channel 4.
WORE
On Wednesday night, I wore my Dressing Gown to work. We held a bedtime story evening for the children in Key Stage 1. 68 children came back to school in their PJs and dressing gowns, along with the teachers from my Key Stage 1. We read stories and drank hot chocolate with marshmallows complete with shortbread biscuits. One of the little boys in Reception said it was the best bedtime stories he had ever had!
HEARD
Lottie singing! She has joined the school choir and they have a couple of songs they have to practise at home. She sings with such gusto (not necessarily the correct tune or words) but she has a big smile on her face all the same. I love it! She just makes me smile, she wont ever be on the voice but she should definitely win awards for effort.
MADE
Well, I'm ashamed to say I've not made a lot this week. Apart from a chocolate cake and some flapjacks to fill the cake boxes for the week I haven't really had the time! I made Mary Berry's Chocolate Tray Bake following this recipe I admit I failed to do the feathered icing but it wen down well at work and home.
AND FINALLY...
Isn't the sunshine wonderful. Last weekend was truly divine. We had our first picnic at the zoo and also ate lunch outside on Sunday. This week it has been a lot colder during the mornings with plenty of thick fog but today again has been warm and sunny. I do love it when the sun shines and the sky is bright blue!
Hopefully this week I can get back on track with my blog posts and commenting on everyone elses! Have a happy weekend!

I'll be honest, if someone made me a Mary Berry tray bake I wouldn't care if the icing was feathered or not! ;D
ReplyDeleteHi Miss Melvis I totally agree, the feathered icing was just a step too far! I think it would have taken me just as long to master the icing as it took to make the cake! Thanks for visiting. Jill x
DeleteYour book week sounds great. As a former librarian I miss that type of thing! x
ReplyDeleteAh Thank you Hannah, I think if I wasn't a teacher a librarian would be my next choice in careers! Jill x
Delete