Pages

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Love the Little Things #11

Here are the lovely little things that have made up my week.  I am joining in with Morgana over at Butwhymummywhy again. 

If you haven't yet had a look at her amazing blog, click the link now, as you wont be disappointed. 

I'm feeling guilty this week, I seem to be slipping with my blog posts at the moment.  Its is the one thing that I seem to be failing to keep on top off.  Hopefully with the Easter holidays fast approaching I can manage to get my blogging Mojo back up and running while I'm not at work.  (That's the plan anyway!)

So here are the little things I've...

READ
I have finally reached the last chapter of The Cuckoos Calling.  Its taken me ages! I don't normally take this long to read a book.  The only thing I can think of, is that I have been so tired on a night after finishing my work that I've only managed to read a couple of pages at a time before my eyes have closed.  Lottie and I are also taking it in turns to read Double Daisy.  I read two pages, Lottie reads four!  We are enjoying it.  It is so true to life.  I love the "trouble with..." sentences dotted throughout the book. 

WATCHED
Lambing live!  I've really enjoyed watching this years programme.  A true sign that spring is here!  The fields around us are full of lovely little lambs hopping and jumping.  It is a simple thing that brings a smile to my face.  I've also enjoyed smiling at Kate Humbles choice of bobble hat for each episode!  Here is a photo of my mum getting in on the Lambing Live theme of the week.  She was helping out on a friends sheep farm. 


HEARD
This week the birds have been singing louder and longer than ever!  They've also been singing earlier too! I woke really early on Tuesday morning, (I've no idea why as it's not like me to wake early, I love my sleep) anyway all I could hear were the birds singing!  The house was quiet, hubby wasn't even snoring but all I could hear from outside the window were the birds.  Its sounded lovely, unfortunately though it was keeping me from falling back to sleep.  You know when you hear something and then you can't stop hearing it even though you know its 4:15am and you really need to get back to sleep! It was like that on Tuesday morning.  I did eventually manage to fall back off to sleep, just before the alarm went off for work! Aaaargh!

MADE
This week the cake tins have been full! The children and I made the first chocolate crispy cakes of this year.  We also made Rocky Road with Orange Areo balls instead of maltesers, Lottie's idea and very yummy they are. 
I've also been busy at school cooking with my class.  They made the yummiest iced biscuits for Mothers Day.  The children have all taken home a giant flower or butterfly biscuit to give to their Mum's tomorrow.  I wonder how many of the Mum's will get them as a few of the children were struggling not to take a bite on their way out of school!



WORE
What a week, its been cold one minute so jumpers and boots have been needed.  Then wet the next so waterproofs and umbrellas! Then today its sunny and warm so sunglasses and short sleeves!  I'm also wondering whether its time to swap the winter duvet for the summer one? I may hold out another couple of weeks though as knowing my luck, as soon as I swap them and drop the winter one off at the dry cleaners it will be so cold I will regret it!

AND FINALLY...
Its my wonderful Dads birthday today! Happy Birthday Dad! I'm sorry we are not there with you to celebrate (it wont be long until we are) but it was lovely to Face time this morning and sing to you!  We love you so very much! Also Happy Mothers Day Mum for tomorrow! x




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, that Rocky Road looks yum! Will need to give it a try with my girls. I know what you mean about the birds, I've had the same problem over the last few days. Beautiful to hear but I'd rather have a little extra sleep! ;-) Thanks for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x