Pages

Friday, 31 May 2013

Cheese and Pancetta Muffins

We are going to have a picnic tomorrow. I asked the children earlier what they wanted to take to eat and Tom said cheese and bacon muffins. So I have just made some. They smell yummy! Hopefully there will be some left for the picnic tomorrow, as hubby has just come in from mowing the lawns and cleaning the BBQ and is eyeing them up!

 
Normally I use a recipe from an old M&S magazine but I didn't have any natural yoghurt in, so after a quick Google search I found a new recipe.

They look and smell yummy and will make a lovely change from sandwiches!

Here is the recipe:

Cheese and Bacon Muffins
250g (9oz) plain flour
15ml (1tbsp) baking powder
50g (2oz) cooked Pancetta cubes
50g (2oz) finely chopped onions
50g (2oz) finely grated Parmesan or Cheddar
75g (3oz) chilled butter
1 large egg
175ml (6fl oz) milk
12-hole muffin tray
Grated cheese, to top

What I did:
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the bacon and the cheese. Use a cheese grater to coarsely grate the chilled butter and stir this into the flour mixture with a fork.
Beat the egg with the milk and stir into the bowl until the mixture is just blended. You don't need to mix too much - it should still look quite lumpy. Line the muffin tray with paper muffin cases and spoon the mixture into the cases. Top each with a little more grated cheese and a sprinkling of ground black pepper.
Bake in a preheated oven at 400°C / 200°F / gas mark 6 for 20-25 mins until golden and risen and firm to the touch. Serve the muffins warm or cool on a wire rack.

1 comment:

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x