Pages

Monday, 20 May 2013

Boysenberry Jam

On Saturday, while we were at Castle Drogo I bought a jar of Boysenberry Jam.

I had never heard of Boysenberries before and don't normally buy things from the National Trust Shops on our visits, but I had nipped into the shop to buy a postcard for the children Great Grandma and there were jars of Boysenberry Jam on the side on special offer - £1 a jar.

So yesterday after searching Boysenberries on Google, Lottie and baked a Victoria Sponge Cake and we filled it with the jam and some buttercream.


Delicious!

Boysenberries are a three way cross between a Raspberry, a Loganberry and a Blackberry.  It looks like Blackcurrant jam but doesn't taste like blackcurrants.  It is fairly sweet with a slight raspberry and blackberry taste.

I am not sure I would pay over £3 for a jar (which is the price it should have been) however, at £1 a jar it is yummy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x