Pages

Sunday, 12 May 2013

All packed up and ready to go

Tomorrow, Tom is going on a residential with school. 

He is so excited and has been counting down the days for weeks now.

This afternoon, I have labelled everything and we have packed and unpacked and packed again!

Anyone would think was about to embark on a trip around the world the amount of things we have packed! 

He wanted to take his large rucksack (the one he used last summer for cub camp) but by the time we had it packed he couldn't lift it!!!!

So, he now has a suitcase (on wheels) and a small rucksack!

He is only away for two nights and its only an hours drive away, but with the weather so unseasonable at the moment he has clothes for every possible weather combination.

All packed and ready - must not forget Roary!
I am not sure how he will be in the morning! Hopefully still as excited, he is a sensitive little soul and a real home bird (just like me) and I would be surprised if there aren't any tears at some point. 

Lottie has already started, she has been crying on and off all afternoon, saying she will miss him, she loves him and she doesn't want to go to school without him!  I must remember to remind her of this on Wednesday when he is home again and she is arguing with him and winding him up!

Anyway, even though I am going to miss him immensely and no doubt I wont sleep much over the next couple of nights, I do know he will have an amazing time, the teachers will look after him well and I do trust them! 

It has started to hit me this last fortnight and especially this today, that my little boy is growing up! He is becoming more independent, (and Neanderthal!)  He will be starting middle school in September, no longer is he the little toddler glued to my side! 

Its hard being a Mum sometimes.  I now understand completely how my Mum felt the time I went away with primary school for a week to Cirencester!!! The only difference is I know Tom wont be writing letters to me saying he wants to come home, like I did to my Mum - How do I know this?  He is a boy and also he will be back before he has time to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x