Pages

Wednesday, 29 May 2013

An afternoon being serenaded - of sorts

Tom is learning how to play the Cello at school.  We are very lucky as the children's school offers weekly Violin and Cello lessons in the year 3 and 4 class for £1 a lesson, which is amazingly cheap.
They even provide an instrument for the children to use and bring home to practice.

Tom started playing the violin last year while he was in year 3 and this year he has been given a cello to play.  He is a typical boy in that he rarely brings it home to practice on, but according to his school report he is learning it very quickly and doing very well. 

He has been choosen to perform in a concert on a Friday night in June with some of his class mates and a very talented violinist who is the year 1 teacher from his school (a friend of mine who I used to work with).

Hence, the serenading yesterday afternoon!  Tom finally remembered to bring his Cello home for the holidays to practice.  He played us the song he is learning at the moment and even helped his sister to have a go (through gritted age 9 brotherly teeth!)

 

2 comments:

  1. How lovely. Cello is such a gorgeous instrument. I hope my son will take an interest in music as we have a very musical family but I am hopeless in that area! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Hannah, the Cello is a lovely instrument and it sounds lovely when he plays it (correctly!) None of us are very musical here but I am pleased Tom wants to play an instrument as its only now I wish I had learnt to play something. Jill x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x