Pages

Friday, 8 March 2013

World Book Day Costumes - And visitors!

This week I have been a bit preoccupied and haven't had much time to write on my blog.  This is because this week at work we received the Ofsted call.  It is well rumoured that most schools dread the call, but this was not the case at my school.  We have been waiting for Ofsted for what seems like an eternity.  So this week in a bizarre way we welcomed in two Ofsted inspectors with gusto. 

It feels a bit surreal, Monday seems months ago!  I am shattered but really pleased.  It went just as well as we were hoping.  I am not allowed to say what we got until it is published, but we can say we are very pleased!  It is lovely working in a school full of amazing teachers and support staff.

Anyway, that aside somethings at home just couldn't stop because of Ofsted.  (No I don't mean the washing and ironing!) Tom and Lottie had a dressing up day yesterday as part of their schools celebrations for World Book Day.  So, as well as planning lessons, marking books and preparing for Ofsted observations etc on Wednesday night I also had costumes to prepare for the children.

Lottie had chosen to go as Rapunzel and saw a lovely dress in Sainsburys last weekend (phew!) Tom meanwhile had chosen to go as The Stickman from Julia Donaldson's book (see below)!  So hubby and I managed found some card and made him a costume.  I was very proud of it considering the stress levels in the house that night and believe it or not he won first prize out of his class!!!!!

Here are the photos of them on Thursday morning!

Thank goodness its the weekend! x

1 comment:

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x