Pages

Monday, 11 March 2013

Parents Evening

Tonight was Parents Evening for Tom and Lottie.  Still after 5 years of attending Parents Evenings as a parent I find it bizarre, I am so used to being the teacher telling parents about their child. 

I do enjoy it though, it is lovely, to see their work and hear how well they are getting on.  To read the news writing Lottie has written about trips at the weekend, to see all the calculations Tom has been doing and how he has solved maths calculations.

We spent a lovely hour before bed looking through their books.  The teachers were very kind and said I could bring the books home to share with hubby seeing as he was away in meetings and didn't get back in time!  I just need to make sure we send them back tomorrow.

Here is a photo of Lottie's writing, I am so proud of both my children but Lottie especially with her Literacy work.  When she was younger she had such a significant speech problem I worried that she would struggle at school.  I am so pleased we stood our ground and fought against the health visitor when she was younger and pushed for a referral to a Speech Therapist.  I am even more pleased we managed to find an amazing private S&L Therapist who has been incredible especially when the NHS S&L therapist said they couldn't do alot until she started school!  With all the hard work we have all put in (but mainly the hard work Lottie has put in) it is amazing and moving to see her work at school.  You wouldn't know that at one stage her speech was unrecognisable to everyone except Tom and I.  Next week she is the narrator in their class assembly - how proud are we!!!
Suddenly Elmer heard a big noise.  he didn't know what it was.  He didn't know it was only Wilber.  Elmer laughed it was funny he couldn't stop laughing.  Elmer and Wilber took the teddy back home.

Tom is also doing incredibly well. He is a clever boy, but a typical one.  He will do what he needs to do and nothing more.  The discussion at parents evening was funny.  Tom will do exactly what he is asked to do to tick all the boxes in his success criteria for writing but won't stretch himself or write any more than is necessary.  Why write a whole page when you can get it all done in half a page!  I'm glad he isn't in my class as he would drive me potty!!!




All I can ask is that they continue to enjoy school as much as they do now! Well done Tom and Lottie. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x