Pages

Sunday, 24 March 2013

Trip to the Cinema

Last week on his way to work hubby came across an unusual sight at Stonehenge very early in the morning.  Huge big stone letters spelling out The Croods! When he arrived home later that day he searched online and found out that it was a group of local scouts for a photo shoot for a new film called The Croods.  The same day Tom came home asking if we could go and see the very same film. So today due to the weather being decidedly wintry we went to the cinema. 

I booked the tickets online (as I have done so many a time) and off we went.  We arrived at the cinema just in time and went to the machine to pick up the tickets only to find there was no booking on my card!  So I asked a very nice lady at VUE if she could help, I explained about the online booking, showed her my reference number on my phone and explained the problem we had at the ticket machine.  Anyway after a couple of minutes at her computer she announced that the reason the ticket machine hadn't worked was that I had made a booking for yesterday not today!! I was so embarrassed and apologised profusely!! Glares and smirks from hubby on one side and Lottie asking for popcorn on the other, I couldn't believe it.  The lady (who turned out to be the manager) was lovely and said it didn't matter at all, it was a common problem (she was very polite!) and promptly printed out tickets for us for today.  The same VIP seats as yesterdays booking! Thank goodness, what a relief!!!

Anyway, once the popcorn had been bought and we had made our way to the screen and our seats we watched The Croods in 3D.  It was a film I wasn't really sure I would enjoy.  All we knew was that it was about a cave man and his family.  However, it was brilliant.  We were all glued to the screen for the duration.  We laughed and even cried (well I did at the part where he says goodbye to his family).
It is a great film and well worth a visit during the school Easter Holidays.

The Croods is a prehistoric comedy adventure that follows the world's first family as they embark on a journey of a lifetime when the cave that has always shielded them from danger is destroyed. Travelling across a spectacular landscape, the Croods discover an incredible new world filled with fantastic creatures -- and their outlook is changed forever.     

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x