Pages

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Victoria Scones

Another cooking / recipe post today.  This time for Victoria Scones.  This is another recipe I remember from my childhood (I seem to be reminiscing alot this week!)

I remember mum making these scones.  So Lottie and Tom made these.  They were really easy and very tasty warm from the oven with butter and jam.

Victoria Scones (No idea why they are called this but the recipe is in the Be-Ro Recipe Book)


Ingredients
8oz Self Raising Flour
pinch Salt
2oz margarine
2oz caster sugar
1 medium egg beaten with milk to make 150ml
8 glace cherries

1. Preheat oven to 200c and grease a baking tray.
2. Mix flour and salt then rub in the margarine.
3. Stir in the sugar and mix to a soft dough with the egg and milk.  Reserve a little to brush on the tops.
4. Knead lightly on a floured board and divide into 4.
5. Roll each piece into a round ball and flatten to about 1cm thick.  Place on the baking tray and cut across the top to mark into 4.
6. Brush with egg and milk and place half a cherry on each quarter.
7. Bake for about 10-15mins.


Serve warm from the oven! Delicious


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x