Yesterday, while the hubby worked the children and I had a lovely day out at Marwell Zoo. The sun was shining and it wasn't too cold so off we went.
We had a great time, Lottie took her scooter, Tom was in charge of the hot chocolate flask and I took photos! I couldn't believe how quiet it was, until I found out from the guy driving the land train that Hampshire hadn't finished for half term yet! That did explain the occassional odd glances I was getting as I walked round with two school aged children (I think some people thought I'd taken the children out of school for a day trip to the zoo!)
Marwell is not our nearest zoo. We live 5 minutes drive from Longleat and about 45 minutes drive from Bristol Zoo but we really enjoy going to Marwell. It is an hour away but is well worth the journey. For the last 3 years we have bought annual passes to Marwell and we haven't been disappointed. As well as unlimited access to Marwell Zoo, it also gets you access to lots of other zoos around the country, including Bristol Zoo, Twycross Zoo, Paignton Zoo and Chester Zoo. Another reason we bought the annual pass is that Marwell is open all year round unlike Longleat.
Here are some of our favourite animals we spotted on our visit this week. My favourite is the Snow Leopard. I'm so pleased with this photo. He was sat sunning himself on a rock next to the wire fence and I managed to zoom in through the fence. A beautiful creature. Tom took the photo of the Red panda.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x