Pages

Thursday, 14 February 2013

Books to read on Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day

This morning Lottie and I raided our bookshelves looking for stories to read on Valentines Day.  These are the books we have found. 

We have read them all but there are two that were our favourites.

We all enjoyed The Lion Who Wanted To Love by Giles Andreae.  It is a super story about Leo the lion, he isn't like normal lions.  Leo doesn't want to go out hunting, he just wants to love everybody and play with his friends all day long.  Lottie particularly loved the page where Leo says he just wants to hug the zebra rather than bite through his skin!   This story has the underlying theme of love conquering all, and like most of Giles Andreae's books its written in rhyme.  It also has amazingly colourful illustrations.

My personal favourite is Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney.  Our version is a board book with thick chunky pages.  It was the first book I bought for Tom (before he was born).  I have read it many times both a home and at school, to the point where I know it off by heart.  It is a lovely story about showing how much you love someone.  Perfect for Valentines Day!  I still say to Tom and Lottie every bed time "I love you to the moon and back" which is the phrase that Big Nutbrown Hare uses right at the end of the book.  Magic!

Hope you have enjoyed your Valentines Day x

2 comments:

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x