Pages

Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Fighting back aginst Head Lice

Last week we had extra visitors arrive home from school with Tom!  Headlice -  Why is it as soon as I start thinking about Head Lice I start itching?


Surprisingly, this is only the second time we have ever had them, which in itself is quite an achievement considering I teach in a primary school every day of the week and both my children are at primary school. 

Anyway I hadn't noticed Tom itching (the tell tale sign!) but I happened to find them on our regular weekly check!  Only three, but enough to make us all itch!  Since training to become a teacher, I have a routine that once a week I comb my hair in the shower with the Nit Comb, so when the children started school I began combing theirs once a week in the bath.  I must admit it isn't grumble free, mainly from Tom!  Its just a routine. 

Anyway just recently I bought a new Nit Comb.  I was recommended it by a parent at school, its a NittyGritty and it is amazing.  It cost about £10 from Boots but has been well worth the money.  It does exactly what it says on the packet!  It removes all headlice, nits and eggs!  With out any chemicals and is kind to kids. 

Underneath the comb in the packaging there is a message which reads "Congratulations, you have just bought the best comb in the world."  And I totally agree.  Everyone with children should have one. 

As a teacher I often get told by parents at school that their child came home with Nits.  Unfortunately the days of the Nit Nurse (do you remember them?) have gone and now a days all we can do is put a note in every ones book bags and a message in the newsletter.  But last week, coinciding with the visitors to Number 2 we gave out a new leaflet at school - Once a Week Take a Peek!  Its a national parents campaign to beat school bug battles!  I wonder, will we ever get rid of them for good?

By the way, Lottie is very disappointed that she hasn't had any.  I think she feels left out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x