I've got five and a half weeks being Mummy! (With a little bit of work squeezed in when they go to bed.)
Today, like every first day of a school holiday has been a day of trying to get out of the working Mum routine and into the holiday Mum routine.
It hasn't helped the fact that the children finished school last Friday and have had half a week at home with Daddy getting into the holiday mood.
My mind has been flitting from one thing to another all day and now here I am at some crazy hour typing this as I can't get to sleep!
I keep thinking about things I need to do, like work things for September, school things for the children, arranging for the new kitchen floor which was laid last Thursday and is faulty to be replaced, booking hair cuts for the children, feeding everyone and last but not least PACKING!
We are off for nearly three weeks on Monday and I am no where near ready!
The children are busy counting down the sleeps ( we all are, but it is also reminding me of how much I have to do in such a little time).
It will be fine, it always is. The cases will be packed, the house will be sorted and by the weekend I will be in full holiday swing! Until then, I will continue writing my long To Do list and then hopefully get some sleep.
(I typed this at 1:30am this morning and its only just published it as the Internet connection failed in the night!)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x