Pages

Sunday, 21 July 2013

A little bit happy and a little bit sad!

This is they way Tom has viewed this week! 

A little bit happy and a little bit sad!

This week has marked the end of an era.

My little (well, not quite so little) boy has now finished First School!

His last week has flown by. 

On Friday we all went to school for his Leavers Assembly.

It was lovely my headteacher had kindly allowed me to get cover in for my class so I could take the children to school for the last day this year and also stay and watch the assembly.

So while I carried in the teachers gifts and settled Lottie, Hubby went into the hall to save us some seats.

The Leavers Assembly was lovely, the children all sat facing the audience and they each in turn (individually or with a friend) performed for us.  Some sang, others danced, some read poems they had written, some told jokes, some played instruments, other performed comedy sketches and two girls performed a gymnastic routine.

What a talented Year 4 class.  It was fantastic, their time to shine for one last time in such a wonderful small village school environment before moving onto to the Middle School (where one year group alone is double the size of their current school).

I didn't cry, but I did well up! Tom did us so proud, he looked so grown up, mature and sensible.  He has had a fantastic five years with wonderful kind hearted and talented teachers but he is now definitely ready to move on.

It was an emotional morning, dropping him off for his last ever day at First School, I remember so well taking him for his first day in Reception and feeling just as emotional.

After school, I gave him a big hug and asked him how he was feeling.  He simply said: "A little bit happy and a little bit sad Mum!" and then carried on playing!

Performing in the Leavers Assembly - Last Day at First School !


 
Ready for his first day at First School!

Hasn't he grown! x



2 comments:

  1. Awww, well done Tom! It must have been really emotional, I feel sad that my little boy is moving into Year 2! It sounds like he had a great time at first school though, and that will stay with him forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was emotional Sarah-Louise and you are right he has some fantastic memories. My daughter is also moving into year 2! I'm not worried though as I teach Year 2s! (but at a different school)and its a brilliant age! x

      Delete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x