Pages

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Sports Day 2013

Today it was the childrens sports day and it didn't rain!

Unfortunately, I couldn't go :(

It was my class assembly at school and we are short staffed at the moment with teachers off sick, but luckily with Hubby being at home he was able to go. This is the down side to being a working Mum.  I am very lucky as I do get all the school holidays off with the children but I do miss out on events at their school! 
Arriving Prepared!
In fact he spent all day at school.  He watched the non competitive group activities this morning then had a picnic lunch with the children on the playground and finally watched the competitive races this afternoon.


They had a fantastic time.  It was Tom's last sports day at First School!  He seemed to spend most of it organising his team and helping the adults set up.  He is so grown up and everyone at school comments on how mature and reliable he is.  Hubby says he spent alot of the time with a clip board or like this:
Complete with Teacher Pose!
He did really well in his races mainly coming fourth but he did say the sack was too small and it was tricky to jump in something so small!!!!



Lottie was amazing.  She won two of her races and came third in another!  She also came fourth in the long distance, the first three places were taken by children in Year 2 (all a year older than her).  She was a proper little athlete!


Sports Day was enjoyed by all and even though I couldn't get there I have enjoyed watching the little films Hubby took (mainly of the grass!) and look at the photos.  I think it is wonderful that the children's school acknowledge the need for competitive races and fun team games during sports day.  It seems a perfect balance.



2 comments:

  1. I love sports days! Well done to the kids! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, Sports Day is fab, I remember my sports days (all those years ago). I haven't forgotten about the Award you put me forward for, I just haven't had long enough to sit and answer all the questions and choose new ones! Its down on my list of things to do at the weekend! Thanks again Jill

      Delete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x