Pages

Sunday, 30 June 2013

Our week that was...

Is it just me or are the weeks whizzing by!  I can't believe it is July tomorrow.  What happened to June?  Anyway, last week, here at Number 2 was just as busy as normal (I have barely had time to sit down, let alone blog!)

Anyway, while hubby is flicking between Glastonbury (just down the road) and Top Gear on the TV I thought I would try and catch up on the week that has just passed.

Here are my happy memories from last week:

 
Enjoying cups of tea in my new mug that the children got me for my birthday!

 
 I've no idea what these are called but they are so bright and cheerful in a pot just out side the kitchen window, brightening up even the dullest of days.

Hubby and I had great fun painting the fence and shed together! Hubby was covered in paint and I managed to drop the paint brush into the pot - twice! At least we had a giggle while we were painting!

A lovely trip to the seaside yesterday, every time we go I dream about owning one of these beach huts! Preferably the darker purple one!


 Painted toe nails, both Lottie and I match this week!  Its lovely feeling the warmth and the sand underneath your feet - reminded me of holiday (not long left to wait now).

Only Lottie was brave enough to paddle! She had great fun running in and out of the waves, exclaiming "It's not cold!"
Why, oh why! I had this lovely idea that I would make little cakes our school trip tomorrow.  65 cakes later...
We are still talking about sports day!
 
 
On Friday Night Hubby, Lottie and I went to a Music Concert (Not quite like Robbie Williams Last weekend, but very special) Can you see Tom? He has his Cello and was about to play in the concert! Along with other selected children from 14 local schools.  As part of the Year of the String instrument the local schools have been working with an International String Quartet. I couldn't get many photos as we were sat to the side of him, but we had a fantastic time.
I must admit, both hubby and I were slightly worried, an hours concert of string instruments being played by children on a Friday night!!!!! However, it was amazing, the professionals played lots of their pieces and the children joined in throughout! We were very proud parents.  Especially when someone came up to us to say how well Tom plays and had we thought about him having lessons as he was really good!
 
I wonder what this week will bring, hopefully more happy memories and plenty of sunshine!
 

2 comments:

  1. What lovely photos! Those beach huts are so pretty, we live near the sea too and I often look longingly at them and wonder what it would be like to have our own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, thanks for stopping by my blog, lucky you living near the sea, we are an hour away but go as often as we can. You can't beat the looking at the sea and feeling the sand between your toes! Jill x

      Delete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x