Pages

Thursday, 13 June 2013

My own little Springwatch

One thing I am loving at the moment is watching Springwatch on the BBC.  I have always had a love of nature, I remember walking with my Grandma and Grandad in the woods near their house when I was Lotties age and being able to name all the birds, butterflies and wild flowers we spotted.  Its something that I am trying to pass on to Thomas and Lottie.

Anyway (I started to waffle again, sorry), Springwatch has been fantastic again this year.  Tonight sees the final update after three weeks of the very best wildlife stories from Chris Packham, Michaela Strachan and Martin Hughes-Games.

I have enjoyed watching the live nest cameras, the red kites and the bees nest has been amazing (I used the clip with my class of 6 year olds today and they loved it as part of our minibeast topic.)

Anyway, here is my tribute to Springwatch 2013 and some photos of the wildlife I have taken this spring.

 A small tortoiseshell butterfly...

 Can you see the baby bunny?
 
 I think this one is a Holly Blue Butterfly... but I maybe wrong
 
 We heard this Robin before we spotted him...
 
 We watched this wren flying in and out of its nest.  Can you see it?
 
 Frog spawn in Grandma and Grandads pond...
 
 A hedgehog on Grandma and Grandads lawn, there were two but one ran off!
 
 A beautiful swan...
 
Mummy swan warming the eggs while Dad watches - I wonder how many of their 7 eggs hatched?
 
I love our British wildlife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x