Pages

Friday, 21 February 2014

Signs of Spring

After what seems like weeks, no months of rain, the children and I pulled on our welly boots yet again and headed off in search of some fresh and signs of spring during half term.
 
We didn't have to look very far. 
 
We visited the beautiful village of Lacock and used our National Trust membership (which I must renew as it runs out next week!) to enter to Abbey.
 
The sun was shining, the sky was blue and the air was cold, but who could grumble after the wet soggy weather we've had recently!
 
We stopped at the park first.

The children had great fun on the swings trying to get me as I tried to take the photos!

 
 
Here's my little cheeky monkey!
 

Then we entered to Abbey grounds.
 
Everywhere we looked there was a wash of white, purple and bright yellow. 

 
Signs of spring everywhere.


Snow drops everywhere with beautiful purple crocus flowers and sudden splashes of bright yellow!


It was even better with the sun shining!
The children enjoyed the search for stars around the grounds.


We walked through the Abbey.  Two of the Harry Potter films were filmed here!


 Beautiful windows - despite being slightly draughty!


We found yet another swing! This time a rope swing on part of the woodland walk.

 
Just look at the mud under the swing!  The children were on strict instructions! "You fall off and you are walking home!"

 
Not long ago (December) the whole area had been flooded, now the grass was soggy but covered in a beautifully colour blanket for all to see that Spring really is on its way.
 
 






1 comment:

  1. I love Lacock. What a beautiful village and an amazing stately home!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x