Pages

Monday, 3 February 2014

Dime Bar Cheesecake



What can you do with half a packet of digestives, a can of caramel and some Dime bars?
 
Well mix them altogether with some other ingredients and hey presto you will end up with the most amazing cheesecake, I promise!
 
Now, up until last week I hadn't ever made a cheesecake before.  Don't ask me why!  It was so easy and so delicious I can't believe its taken me until now to make one!
 
This is the recipe I used (adapted from a recipe given to me by a very good friend!)
 

DIME BAR CHEESECAKE
250g Digestive biscuits crushed
100g melted butter
3/4 of a carton of Double cream (approx 250ml)
1 small tub of Philly (soft cream cheese)
1 can condensed caramel
Icing sugar to taste
2 Dime bars
 
 
 
I mixed the crushed biscuits and melted butter together,
 
Then pressed them into a 20cm spring clip cake tin. 
 
I left this in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.
 
Then I used the majority of the can of caramel and poured it over the top of the biscuits base. 
 
I put the cake tin back in the fridge for a couple of hours to chill again.
 
Then I mixed the double cream and the small tub of Philly cheese together using my hand whisk.
 
I added about one desert spoon of icing sugar to the creamy mixture but this is up to your own taste.
 
Then using a rolling pin I crushed the Dime bars and added this to the creamy mix.

I stirred it altogether and poured it onto the caramel and biscuit base.
 
I left it in the fridge overnight to set.
 
Then to serve I added slices of banana or you could add more crushed Dime bars.
 
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x