Pages

Friday, 14 February 2014

Love the Little Things #4 and #5

Sorry for my absence for the last week, but its been busy, busy, busy over here at Number 2!

This week I am cheating slightly and combining the last two weeks into one and joining in with the lovely Morgana at butwhymummywhy reflecting back on the little things that have made up the first two weeks in February.

The last two weeks have included birthdays, parents evenings, coughs and colds and the end of term!  But here is just a glimpse of some of the things we have been up to:
 
READ
 
 
Well I have finished The Courage Tree by Jodi Picoult and it was true to its description.  It was an excellent read.  A book that was gripping but an easy read at the same time.  I do enjoy reading in bed before I go to sleep.  It really helps me to switch of from my busy days. 

Also in the last two weeks I have read (bare with me for the tenuous link) an amazing menu.  Last weekend Hubby turned 40!!! The weather was grim but we made the most of it and headed down to Cornwall for a lovely weekend.  I had booked us a meal at Jamie Olivers restaurant Fifteen on Saturday Night (Hubby's birthday).  It was divine!  We took the children with us and had an amazing meal.  The children were exceptionally well behaved (even if I do say so myself). 

Anyway, back to the menu! We choose the evening menu rather than the taster menu.  Both the children, hubby and I read the menu and looked at each other! Most of it was in Italian!!!! We could make out the majority of it but were unsure of some of the items - for example Affogato al Caffe!

We needn't have worried though as the waitress came over and went through each dish on the menu in great detail, even telling us where they had sourced the meat and cheese etc.  We were very impressed at not only the food but the incredible service. 


WATCHED
 
 
 
The waves! Wow, the storm last weekend really whipped up the sea in Newquay! It was incredible.  The waves were gigantic! Such a beautiful sight and frightening at the same time.  One minute the sun was shining and the sea was tinged blue then the next it was a dull stormy grey colour.  We stood holding on to each other near Fistral Beach (a safe distance from the edge!) the wind was incredibly strong.  The hail at one point was also incredibly pain ful against our faces! But to see the sea as it was, was incredible.

WORE
My very warm Superdry fleece lined Windchaser coat!  Believe me I needed it.  It did keep me warm!!!! 

HEARD
For what seems to have been months and months we have heard the wind and the rain battering against the windows.  Last weekend in the hotel we could hear the wind blowing a gale outside, luckily we were in a cosy warm hotel room with triple glazed windows. 

MADE
 
 
I haven't made a lot over the last couple of weeks, but one thing I have made was hubby's birthday cake.  We took it with us and lit the candles and sung happy birthday to him in our hotel room! It was a chocolate marble cake as he couldn't decide whether he wanted a chocolate or vanilla cake so I made both and mixed them! The children helped to decorate it with lots of chocolates.

The restaurant even decorated Hubby's plate with a birthday message!
 
AND LASTLY...
 
I hope you have all had a safe couple of weeks with the storms and that you have managed to escape the dreadful flooding that has happened across the country. Keep safe this weekend. 
Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x