The end of yet another week! Its been half term this week, a week full of nos! No getting up for work or school, no pack lunches to make, no school uniform to iron, no after school clubs and no homework arguments!
Its been a wonderfully relaxing week, catching up on sleep, meeting friends and day trips out, but where has the week gone. I had so many more plans for this week and yet its Friday already.
I'm joining in with the lovely Morgana over at butwhymummywhy you must check out her wonderful blog if you haven't done so already. I am aware that everyone else is on week 8 and I'm on week 6 but what can I say... I'm a late developer :0)
Here are some of my little pleasure this week:
READ
Half term wouldn't be right without a visit to a book shop. I have a real weakness for books. I am forever buying the children books (I use the excuse that not only can they read them but I can also use them at work!) In fact one of the jobs on the to do list this week was to sort out the bookshelves in the children's rooms and mine in the study. Its still on the to do list, however we have even more books to find homes for now. I bought The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K.Rowling), I fancied a crime novel for a change. I've only just started it, so watch this space. I have also been reading Gill Lewis' White Dolphin. It is a book Tom recommended I read. Its not often a 10 year old boy suggests a book his mum should read. I read her first novel "Sky Hawk" to him a couple of years ago and we both really enjoyed it so when he saw this one in the book shop before Christmas, he bought it. Its an extremely well written, nail biting tale that will inspire and enthuse children, I would say its ideal for children (7+) both boys and girls. Lottie wants me to read it too her next.
WATCHED
We had a half term treat and visited the cinema this week. Daddy was at work so it was just the 3 of us. We chose Mr Peabody and Sherman! Why??? Because Daddy wants to watch The Lego Movie with us and Tom didn't fancy the Tinkerbell movie!!!!
It was one of the most bizarre films I have ever watched. A talking dog, who adopts a boy and invents a time travel machine to visit times in the past! Truly bizarre, but the children loved it and the popcorn was good!
HEARD
Lots of Laughter! Hubby and I had a rare treat at the weekend. The children went to Oxfordshire to stay with my brother and sister in law, while hubby and I enjoyed a night out with a group of our friends to celebrate his 40th birthday. We went to a comedy club in Bath. It was the first time we had been and we had a real giggle. There were three comedians who were very different. We all enjoyed the last two most of all. Then the venue turned into a nightclub! We partied the night away! It felt good. We didn't get home until 1:30am! I think we could have been anywhere really as it was just lovely to be out without worrying about the children. Sunday morning was bliss! We woke to the sound of nothing!!!
WORE
Wellies again! we have made the most of the inbetween showers sunshine this week and got out and about as much as possible. Our wellies have come in handy. There has been lots of puddle jumping! Its very liberating jumping in muddy puddles, don't you think!!
MADE
We have made lots of yummy food this week. I think its mainly due to the fact I have been at home more. I've been able to look in the fridge and nip to the shop if I've not got something. We've had homemade Lasagne, homemade chicken and leek pie, homemade beef stew with dumplings and lots of cake! Unfortunately, there aren't many photos, as by the time I managed to find my phone or the camera to take a photo most of each meal has been eaten!!! Next week its back to thinking ahead about meals as we are back to work!
AND LASTLY...
Everywhere we have been this week there has been signs of Spring. Fingers crossed we have seen the end of all this stormy windy wet weather!

I've always wanted to go to a comedy club. Sounds like you had a great night!
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren, The comedy club was a fanastic night out, I'd recommend finding one near you. Thanks for your comment. Jill x
DeleteLove comedy clubs, we have one in our town and it's a great night out.
ReplyDeleteN is desperate to see Peabody but is going with Daddy (which I am relieved about!), we saw Tinkerbell and loved it! xx
Hi Morgana
DeleteWe did have a great night out, it is something we will definitely do again. Lottie wanted to watch the Tinkerbell movie, I think that will be the one we watch next! Jill x
What a strange film! Sounds good though. Half term was great for my daughter catching up on sleep once March is over there's the Easter hols! Lovely post x
ReplyDeleteHi Hannah
DeleteThank you for your lovely comment. The film was rather strange but the children loved it. Roll on the Easter Hols! x