Pages

Sunday, 26 January 2014

Love the Little Things #2

Here we are again, yet another week has passed by with what feels like tornado speed!

I'm joining in again with Morgana from butwhymummywhy and her fab linky. 

So here are the some of the little things that have made up my week!

READ

So, I finished a book last week and haven't really got into another one this week.  I bought a couple from Sainsburys while I was doing the weekly shop (I'm not sure why but I seem to go into the supermarket to buy food and come out with books, cooking utensils, clothing and other non edible things I didn't go in for! Mr Sainsbury must love it when I do the shopping!) Sorry, Ive digressed!

Anyway, I just haven't managed to get started with them! So, this week instead of reading a book I seem to have spent flicking through catalogues and reading magazines.  I'm especially loving the free magazines you pick up in shops, like The Boots Magazine and the Lakeland catalogue I picked up today. I just love looking through all the cooking equipment and wondering whether I would ever use the Yolk Hero!

 
 
WATCHED
 
This week I've not watched much on the box!  But one thing I am enjoying watching is The Voice!  Its a programme Ive not really got into before.  But this year I'm really enjoying it.  I do however disagree with their decision last week to not turn around for Bob!  He was amazing, why did they not turn around???? Chris Evans played his audition on his breakfast show on Monday morning! Its was incredible.  So I was pleased to hear that this week while he was on BBC Breakfast he was offered a second chance with record producer Mike Batt! Good luck Bob.
 
WORE
Today Lottie went to a party.  It was a Cowboy and Cowgirl themed party, she only bought the invite home on Tuesday evening (it had been in her draw for a few days!)  Lottie is such a girly girl (lots of pink and sequins, not a lot of checked shirts and jeans!)  So some inventive thinking was needed, in between being at work all week and having two evening meetings! However, luckily her brother does own some checked shirts! So here is what Lottie wore to the party! She looked pretty cool.  
 
 
 
HEARD
 
I enjoy listening to Chris Evans on a morning but due to the fact I have to get the children up, fed and dressed and us out the house every morning by 7:45am I only get to listen to him for a short while while driving to drop the children off and then for the 5 minute journey onto work! My brother and his wife bought us a digital radio for Christmas.  We've set it up in the kitchen and now as we are eating breakfast, plaiting hair and packing lunch boxes we can listen to the breakfast show!  If you are fellow Chris Evans Fans what do you think to the change in the Friday morning song?  I personally prefer The CandyMan song rather than Talk to the Animals! 
(For those who don't have a clue what I'm on about, Chris Evans has always played The Candy Man song on a Friday Morning, however this year he has swapped it for "Talk to the Animals", in my humble opinion its not a great swap! Bring back The Candyman Chris! Please!
 

MADE

Vegetable soup.  I used the pressure cooker and filled it with chopped onion, carrots, swede, potatoes and leeks.  Then I added some vegetable stock and let it cook for 7 minutes.  When the lid came off it smelt lovely, I blitzed it with my hand blender until smooth.  Easy and delicious!  Ive put some in the freezer and used some this week for lunches at work.

 

AND LASTLY...
We took a trip over the border into Wales and visited Chepstow Castle.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue but boy it was cold.  We went on a pre visit as I'm taking 58 children there next week on a school trip.  Tom and Lottie loved it,in fact  Steve and I did too.  Its an amazing old castle, with lots of places to explore, and seeing as we had booked a school trip they let us in for free.  If you are ever near Chepstow I would recommend a trip to the castle and if its a Sunday, visit the pub opposite for the most amazing roast dinner! We left four empty plates it was that good!



So there we have it, some of the little things I've enjoyed this week.

x

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that roast does look yum. I think it tastes even better when you haven't had to make it yourself!
    I really need to make a big batch of soup, great for a quick healthy lunch.
    Have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the soup sounds lush lots of yummy food featured on posts last week! It looks like a great trip you took hope the school visit goes well xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x