Its January! Christmas is over and we've just come to the end of the first week back at work and school. Its rained and rained and rained for the majority of the week! So what better way to spend a Sunday morning, than to make a Chocolate cake! This Christmas we seemed to have been inundated with chocolate, which is great in some respects but I'm not really a great chocolate lover, I much prefer sweets! However, I am partial to a little bit of Chocolate orange. Well its rude not to if one is open! This year we had 4 chocolate oranges! So in an attempt to use them up I searched last night on line and found this recipe for a
Chocolate Orange Cake on My Darlings And Me Blog.
It looked great so this morning I threw all the ingredients into the KitchenAid and turned it on!
It smelt divine as it was cooking. It is a rich, moist and ever so chocolaty cake! I decided to decorate mine slightly differently.
I made some chocolate butter cream icing and some plain butter cream icing which I added some orange food colouring too. Then using a piping bag I mixed in half of the chocolate and half of the orange butter cream and then piped swirls on the top. I used an ordinary piping bag, however these ones from
Lakeland would make the job a little easier. I then added the all important chocolate orange segments. It was tricky not to eat the remaining segments! I did try but failed miserably!
It looks almost too good to eat! I say almost, as a quarter of it has already be devoured by my hungry bunch. Well, apparently car washing, Lego building and playing with dolls on a Sunday morning is really hungry work!
Enjoy your Sunday everybody.
Jill x
Oh my goodness. My mouth is watering!!
ReplyDeleteI've bookmarked this gorgeous cake.xx
I'm having trouble posting comments, but I simply love the look of this cake.
ReplyDeleteLeanne xx