(I know I am late with the first link up already but hopefully next week I can be organised to link up on Fridays! Hopefully better late than never!)
So here are the little things I have:
READ
Well apart from catching up on all my blog reading this week I have also finished reading Demon Dentist by David Walliams, I know its a childrens book but just sometimes its nice to read something easy! :o)
Joking aside, Tom has read all of David Walliams books and loves them. So after watching Gansta Granny on the TV at Christmas I thought I'd read them too. It was actually pretty scary in parts and I'm not sure how many children will be put off the dentist for life after reading it, but David Walliams has a natural wit and it comes across in his writing! It is a perfect book for a 9 year old boy!While I'm discussing childrens books, this week I have also been reading the Sir Charlie Stinky Socks Books at school with my class and at home with Lottie! They are fantastic, Kristina Stephenson the author uses fantastic story language in her writing - perfect for helping 6 year olds to improve their own writing!
WATCHED
I have been catching up with my Silent Witness watching this week. I love this programme. It is on over two nights but we record them both and then watch it in one go. If I ever changed careers I would consider becoming a forensic pathologist. I like the idea of working out what happened from clues and evidence. The only thing is I'm not sure I could do the dead body part! (That might be a problem, so maybe I will stick with teaching!)
I've also enjoyed watching Miranda! She makes me giggle and also Tom Ellis (who plays Gary) is very pleasing on the eye!!!
WORE
I had my nails done last weekend. A glittery deep burgundy colour. It looks lovely but I'm not sure I can justify the cost every two to three weeks! So I may have to resort back to painting them my self and only having the gel nails on for special occasions.
HEARD
I am loving Gary Barlows "Let Me Go" I have always been a Take That fan but Gary Barlow has definitely improved with age!
Also this week it has felt like there has been a constant "Mum" noise ringing in my ears following bickering between Tom and Lottie. Aaaaargh Children!
MADE
This week has been a week full of baking. I am making the most of my Kitchen Aid and I've made a Chocolate Orange Cake, a quick teabread, chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes in it. The only problem is I think my waist line has grown!
We have also been using the slow cooker more. We made a delicious lamb hotpot earlier in the week and came home from work to a delicious smell! After a long day at work it felt good arriving home to a meal being ready. I just have to be organised on a morning to get it all thrown in before we leave the house at 7:45am!
AND LASTLY
We all enjoyed a lovely lie in this morning and a cup of tea in bed. Then a day out in the sunshine!
So there we have it, the little things I have enjoyed this week!

I've recently got a copy of Demon Dentist so will be reading it soon ... my first David Walliams book! x
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping by Miss Melvis. His books are great he is like a modern Roald Dahl. I think I preferred Mr Stink the best out of all of his books, where as Tom (my son) preferred Gangsta Granny!
DeleteYou have a Kitchen Aid? I am super jealous! Hopefully I'll be able to talk the mister into letting me get one soon.
ReplyDeleteYour nails look gorgeous, it's lovely to get them does as a treat. The best thing I found about gel nails is no annoying chipping - I just wish it wasn't so expensive to get them done!
Thanks so much for linking up! xx
Hi Morgana the Kitchen Aid was my Christmas Present, I have longingly looked at them and hoped for one for the last few years and this year hubby surprised me, it is wonderful. Thank you for the lovely comment about my nails, they are beginning to show some re growth now so I will have to decide whether to have them done again or save my money as it is an expensive treat! Thanks for visiting and for the great linky! Jill x
DeleteIt sounds like a lovely week! I'm very much liking the sound of your chocolate orange cake :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Jennifer, it was a yummy cake. I found yet another chocolate orange in the cupboard this week so I might have to make it again! X
ReplyDeleteGary Barlow is so lovely isn't he!! A really gentle kind of bloke (clearly I am guessing as we have never met!)
ReplyDeleteLove the nails and...might try the cake...!
Hi Tanya, wouldn't it be wonderful to meet him!! Thanks for stopping by. Jill x
Delete