Pages

Saturday, 7 September 2013

What a week!

Sorry about the lack of posts this week, its been a very busy week.

This week 3 out of the 4 family members here at Number 2 have gone back to school! 

Lottie was the first one to start back at school on Monday morning.  She had her new school uniform on, shiny new shoes, new lunch box and a book bag full of photos and things to show about her holiday.  She was happy to go back, no tears just smiles! She is still at the same school, with the same teacher so nothing to worry about there.  She did look so grown up in her uniform as she enters the last year of infants.

I was the next to leave, on Monday, still half asleep and a Teacher Training Day ahead of me! Setting the alarm for the first time since July is always a challenge! Once I had parked my car and stepped into my classroom it felt as if the holidays had been weeks ago! I do like going back to work after the long summer holiday, to a new class and new beginnings and catching up with everyone's news but it isn't half hard getting back into our old routines.

Tom was the last to start this week.  He didn't start until Tuesday! A new school, a Middle School. He was nervous.  He had a few tears on Monday night.  He is a worrier deep down, but a tall confident looking boy on the outside.  It was all new for Him.  He has to catch a bus at 8:13am (I'm not joking about the time, they are very precise!) he has a new uniform, new shoes (size 4) new pencil case, new sports kit, new rucksack to carry everything around with him and new routines to learn, teachers to find names for and friends to make. 

It has been a tiring and emotional week for all of us, but we have got through it.  Lottie has loved it, Tom has loved it (despite the homework he has had to do), and I've loved it too! My children are growing up so fast, time is flying by but September always brings about a feeling of excitement mixed with trepidation!

September = New beginnings, new adventures, new routines, new things to learn and new fun things to try! 

What a week! 

1 comment:

  1. All the best for your new starts! I made your lovely chocolate pastries and they were fab - I've put a wee link to your recipe on my blog :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x