So, my grand plan is to try my hardest to join in with Jen at little birdie. I love reading about every ones Happy Things in Blog land, it makes me happy! It is also a wonderful way of looking back at the week that has just past and remembering those moments that made me smile.
I know that we are nearer the end of the year than the beginning, but my plan is to join in from now each week. I hope that is OK.
Here are my happy moments from this week.
- Enjoying the 2p machines at the seaside. We spent a good 30 minutes watching the two pence pieces roll down the funnel and land on a space. We spent 50pence each and had such a giggle. There were lots of "Oooohhhs and Aaaahhhs" as we waited to see if we had won!
- We had a lovely long walk along the sea front in Bournemouth last weekend. It was dry and reasonably warm for September. The children enjoyed riding their scooters and hubby and I enjoyed the exercise and sea air! I think I have mentioned before, I love the seaside!
- Coming home from work to find a delicious tea made and ready on the table for me. Both hubby and I have enjoyed watching Jamie Olivers latest TV show "Save with Jamie" and we were inspired this week to be creative with our left overs. We had a delicious roast on Tuesday evening and then on Wednesday instead of just reheating our leftovers hubby turned it into BBQ Pork Rolls with coleslaw and salad. The picture doesn't really do it justice as it was taken quickly with my phone before we ate it all. They were yummy!
- Time with just Lottie. Tom was invited out this weekend to a friends house for a birthday party which included a trip to the circus, a meal out and a sleepover! That meant that we had Lottie to our selves. Its not often that we get to spend time just with her. We missed Tom but we thoroughly enjoyed time with Lottie. Their was no bickering in the car or arguing, just lots of chatter and giggles. We went to a garden centre and then she wanted to go shopping. (That's my girl!) We had great fun wandering round the shops and really enjoyed the biggest cherry scone you have ever seen!
Lovely happies!! I love the picture of the beach, and your daughter and her huuuuge cake!!
ReplyDeleteLeanne xx
Thanks Leanne! It was a huge cake and she ate every last crumb! X
Delete