Pages

Friday, 27 September 2013

Lemon and elderflower drizzle cake

This week I have got my baking mojo back.  

Its seems ages since I last properly baked something.

So what did I bake this week? 

Only the tastiest lemon drizzle cake I have ever tasted.

 
We love lemon cake here at number 2!
 
But this was the best ever.

At the end of the summer term I was given a bottle of homemade Elderflower Cordial from a little boy in my class.  

So when I spotted a recipe for Lemon and Elderflower drizzle cake at the weekend in a magazine I had to make it.

This cake is a twist on a classic drizzle cake as it has a crunchy elderflower topping, it’s a cake that reminded me of summer in every bite, it was bursting with zesty sunshine flavour.

 
Here is the recipe I used.  Mine was in a magazine but it is online here as well:
 
The magazine says the recipe has been taken from The Pink Whisk Guide to Cake Making by Ruth Clemens.  It's a book I haven't got but think I may have to put it on my Christmas list.




4 comments:

  1. A favourite cae in our house too. But never made with Elderflower before. I shall bookmark this recipie for next Spring. I aim to make Elderflower cordial. I have gone foragetastic!!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leanne, the elderflower cordial is delicious, I must ask for the recipe from the mum who gave it to me as I don't think lemon drizzle cake will every be the same again without it. X

      Delete
  2. It looks delicious. I just saw a cake on a Martha Stewart baking show that used lemon and elderflower syrup for flavoring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, thanks for stopping by, the elderflower really improved the flavour of the lemons, and added a lovely sweetness. It's definitely worth a try. X

      Delete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x