Pages

Wednesday, 18 September 2013

The curse of September!

It's the middle of September!

I have been so unbelievably busy.

I feel like I am on a huge Ferris Wheel and keep missing the stop at the bottom, so end up going round again! 

No time to blog, no time to even read blogs! 

I've missed it! 

I have blog posts in my head. 

But haven't got round to writing them!

I haven't been blogging for as long as some, but I have really enjoyed it.

I keep thinking about why I started doing it. 

Mainly it was a record of our life, a life that at times seems so unbelievably busy, it is passing by so quickly and I just want to remember all the things we have done, said, made and enjoyed together.

Also, it is a way of letting family know what we have been up to. 

I know that my favourite readers are my mum and dad and my in- laws.  

We live so far away from them all, it's a way of them being part of our life.

So I feel so incredibly guilty that the last few weeks I haven't been entering Blog land as often as maybe I should or want to! 

I'm calling it the curse of September! 

This isn't meant to be a list of excuses.

September is always busy! As are most other months! 

So many new routines to get into, and thats just at work! 

A new class at school, new children to assess and get to know, the start of a term paper work, performance management meetings, staff meetings to plan and run, management meetings to attend, lessons to plan, books to mark, and this year a newly qualified teacher to Mentor, which in its self, brings a lot more meetings and paper work! 

Yet I love it, I love teaching, I love the demands and the challenges.  It just takes some time getting back into my routines and work home balance after my long summer break.  ( I do know how lucky I am to have so many holidays off with the children!)

Gosh, reading that back sounds like I do nothing but work! It's not true! I do, do the school pick up, all be it one day a week.  I still do the swimming lesson trip with Lottie, the homework with Tom, the reading every night with them both, the spelling practice each week with them both and like last night we still find time to play a game. 

Last night it was Junior Scrabble - Lottie's choice ( I promise that wasn't the teacher coming out in me!) and then a Lego Creator Game of Toms! 

Tom and Lottie are settled into their school routines! Thankfully! Also hubby has been around a bit more recently, so lunch boxes and uniform washing I have been able to leave to him! He is great, we do make a good team!

Would I change it, no! I just need an extra hour to be able to sit at the laptop, or ipad and type the posts I have going round my head.

So, seeing as its very early in the morning and normally I am fast asleep, I am feeling pretty proud of getting at least one post completed in the last 10 days!  However, I may regret it tonight when I fall asleep on the sofa before 10 pm! 

Hopefully I will be back to blogging regularly soon! 

I do hope you are all having happy weeks.

Jill x 

1 comment:

  1. September is a busy time, I agree. Like you said, your blog is mainly for you and your family. I'm sure they understand the demands on your time.

    Nice to have a little insight into your routine though.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x