Pages

Sunday, 8 September 2013

Hot chocolate cup cakes - by Tom

We have had a lovely relaxing weekend after such a busy week.

The weekend has consisted of nothing more than family time, gardening and baking! 

On Saturday while hubby was gardening and Lottie was busy playing with her dolls and I was sorting cupboards, Tom baked some delicious chocolate cupcakes.

He didn't want any help! 

He found a recipe and collected all his ingredients.  Then he called me in to double check he had everything he needed. 

I was then banished from the kitchen while he baked! I kept creeping in to take some photos, but that was it.  He made then on his own! 

He creamed the butter and sugar! 

He mixed in the flour, eggs and cocoa powder.

He added white chocolate chips and spooned the mix into the paper cases.
He put them in the oven and watched the time count down. Then he lifted them carefully onto the cooling rack!

The delicious smell enticed us into the kitchen - Well done Tom. We tried to eat one but were shooed off, as apparently they weren't ready yet, they needed icing! 

He found the piping bags and choose the nozzle he wanted.  He spooned in the buttercream icing I had in the cupboard and piped away.

At this point Lottie was called in to help! She added mini marshmallows to each one and ate lots in the process! 

Then we were called to the kitchen! And This is how we were greeted! Wow! Well done Tom (and Lottie).

They were delicious!

 I could get used to weekends like this one! The cake tins are now full ready for the week ahead! Chocolate cakes, fruity flap jacks and cheese scones.  







2 comments:

  1. Well done Tom! Your children look very proud.
    Learned xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to start the week with well stocked cake tins. Well done Tom! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x