Pages

Wednesday, 28 August 2013

The easiest ever chocolatey bake!

Friends came over for coffee today.

After such a busy week and weekend last week, my cake tins were well and truly empty, so were the cupboards! 

So I this morning I needed to bake something quick, easy but tasty!

These are what I made.


They are so easy to make, you only needed two ingredients and about half an hour to make them.  

Nutella Palmiers
Ingredients
A packet of ready rolled Puff Pastry
A generous amount of Nutella
What to do:
I simply opened the packet of pastry.

Spread a generous amount of Nutella over the pastry almost to the edges.

Then carefully roll each side towards the middle, where they then meet.

Then slice into portions about 1cm thick.  I wrapped mine in cling film and put in the freezer for about 5 minutes prior to slicing, as it has been a very warm day here today and it was tricky to slice.

Place onto a greased baking tray (I used two) and bake for about 10/15minutes at 200* until lightly brown. To get an even better finish you could brush with egg wash (however, I was pushed for time.)

When ready cool on a wire rack and sprinkle with caster sugar if you want to. I did get time as little fingers and big fingers were ready and waiting.

We ate them slightly warm from the oven, they were yummy! 

They have got to be the tastiest, quickest recipe going! We had these lovely little biscuits on holiday but without the chocolate filling.  They are lovely with a cup of tea! 

They didn't last very long once everyone arrived, the tin full was quickly emptied! 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh those look great. If I have time to pick up some puff pastry I might make these for some guests I've got coming tomorrow! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x