Pages

Saturday, 31 August 2013

52 Weeks of Happy (1/52)

This is my first Week of Happy Memories and I am joining Jen over at Little Birdie.

I have been meaning to join in with this wonderful idea for weeks now and just haven't got round to it.

So here are my happy memories from this week.





* Meeting up with family over the bank holiday weekend.  It was busy and tiring but fantastic to see Mum and Dad and My In-Laws for a long weekend.  We spent long days out with both sets of Grandparents and made the most of the lovely weather.  Long walks, National Trust Properties, Rock Pooling, Train Rides and Ice Creams, as well as lots of catching up.  I wish we lived nearer.

* Seeing the baby Orangutan at the Zoo.  I love Orangutans, they are my favourite animal and the one thing I always make time to see on our visits to the zoo.  This time we even managed to spot the baby sat in his mothers arms while she ate the leaves around her.  It was only about a month old.  Just gorgeous.  I stood for ages just watching.

* Crabbing!  We went to the lovely fishing harbour of Brixham and tried our luck at Crabbing.  We have never been to successful before but this time we caught three big ones!  It was good fun, leaning over the wall, trying to get the crab line into the water before the cheeky seagull ate the bacon from it on its way down.  (This happened frequently to Lotties great amusement! Luckily we had lots of bacon.)  And then watching anxiously as we tried to pull up the line without the crab falling off!  We all giggled and smiled so much it was lovely.  We even watched the Red Arrows flying past as we finished.

* Watching the children swimming and playing in the sea.  Its the last weekend of the holiday and we spent today on the beach.  Making the most of the lovely sunshine.  Hubby and I read the papers and laid in the sun while the children splashed and jumped and swam in the freezing cold but wonderfully clear sea.  Then we enjoyed a lovely picnic, listening to the waves crash on the pebbles.  A fab end to an fun packed wonderful summer holiday.

Tomorrow will be busy labelling uniforms and packing bags and getting school planning finished.  I hope you have all had some great happy memories this week.

Jill x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x