Pages

Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Cooking with the children

Earlier on in the week the children and I did some baking.

Lottie chose what to make this time.

She opened up my old well used Be-Ro Recipe book and choose Petticoat Tails (Shortbread).

They both worked well together (I say with surprise) taking it in turn to weigh out the ingredients and then mix it together.  Oh this is nice I thought! No bickering! 

Lottie rubbed in the butter to the flour and sugar.

And then the competition kicked in! 

Is it just my two or do all siblings do this? 

I split the mix in half and they each flattened out the dough and then shaped it.  

There was lots of chatter about making them look different!  

Lottie chose to use her fingers to make a pattern around the outside, Tom chose a fork.

We then put them in the oven to cook.  There seemed to be a lot of chatter again about who's was going to be better than who's! 


Eventually they were ready! Daddy was called in from cutting the lawns to taste test! 

Unsurprisingly they tasted the same! Much to the dismay of Lottie and Tom! Daddy was diplomatic! 

Anyway, we have had to eat two pieces each time, one of Lottie's and one of Toms, just to be fair.

Oh, School holidays are hard work! 

Here is the recipe we used:

2 comments:

  1. I think you got off quite lightly. I remember my eldest stabbing my middle son after an argument about licking the bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Leanne! That's made me smile! I can fully understand your eldest son - licking the bowl is great and probably a good enough reason to fight with your brother!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x