Pages

Thursday, 11 April 2013

Teaching the family

Today the children came to school with me! It was the first and the last time!  This week has been a bit of a problem childcare wise for us, as I have been back to school this week but the children have still been on their Easter Holidays, (Somerset and Wiltshire have had different holiday dates this year!)

Anyway, hubby has done a fantastic job.  For the first three days of the week he has worked from home and the children have stayed at home with him, then once I have arrived home we have swapped over and he has done more work while I have taken the children out to play on their bikes and scooters.

Today they came to school with me.  Hubby had a meeting he just couldn't change and so luckily for me, my headteacher very kindly said they could come to school with me for the day.  So off we set this morning, the children were very excited and I was feeling not quite so excited! 

They both know the school and the staff really well and have been to school before with me but never during a working day, normally its after school or in the holidays etc.

Tom was fine, he loved being in my year 2 class (he is year 4).  He joined in with everything and enjoyed himself.  I just hope he puts a bit more effort in for his real class teacher.  Apparently, I am a good teacher in his eyes but not as good as Mr V (his class teacher!)  I am just pleased he wasn't the ofsted inspector we had before the holidays (they gave me outstanding.)

Lottie was totally different.  She has mischief written all over her face normally but today it seemed to be written in BOLD!  She wanted to sit at the front and next to me all day!  She lapped up the attention from the children in my class.  She had a proper little following and she made the most of it during play times!  She loved it.  She called me MUM all day much to the amusement of my class.  I love her to bits but I am glad I don't have to teach her everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x