Pages

Sunday, 28 April 2013

A day at home - complete with Homemade Soup

Today we have had a day doing jobs in the house and garden!

The cars have been washed, the lawns mowed, the shed cleared out and plenty of trips to the tip.

And while hubby has done all of the above the children have been busy playing nicely together building dens in the dining room.

So, what have I been doing I hear you ask? Apart from sorting out the washing and putting clothes away I have been busy cooking all morning. I'm feeling quite domesticated (and shattered now!)

I have made homemade bread after being inspired by Paul Hollywood (I did however cheat slightly and use the bread machine to do the hard work ) it was delicious, we had it for lunch with Homemade soup (also made this morning.)


Here is the recipe I used for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

Ingredients

1 medium Butternut Sqash peeled and chopped
1 medium Onion diced
1tbsp Olive Oil
1/2tsp easy garlic paste (mine was from Sainsburys in a jar)
900ml Chicken Stock (I used Bisto Stock pots)
12 thick slices of chorizo from a 225g Ring
A pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste

Here's what I did:

1. Place the peeled and chopped Butternut Squash on a baking tray and drizzle with oil.  Roast in the oven for 35minutes until slightly soft.

2. Meanwhile fry the onion and garlic in a large saucepan until softened.

3. Add the roasted butternut squash to the onion and garlic.

4.  Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.  After 5 minutes remove from the heat.

5. Carefully blitz, I used a hand held blender until you get the consistency you want.

6. In a separate frying pan fry the chorizo for a couple of minutes.

7. Serve the soup in bowls with some chorizo on top and a little of the oil from the chorizo pan drizzled on the top.

Delicious!

Oh yes, I almost forgot, I also made the most delicious Chocolate and Cheesecake brownies following this recipe on My Darlings And Me Blog. 

I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow for a rest, its hard work being domesticated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x