I can't believe it's only a week until Christmas, so much to do such little time.
I feel so disorganised this Christmas. I've still got cards to write, presents to buy and all the wrapping to do.
Here are just some of the things we've been up to this week.
Lottie sang in the Church Carol Concert on Sunday as part of the school choir. It was a lovely start to the week. We are not big church goers but we do enjoy the Christmas services, singing Christmas carols got us feeling all Christmassy this week.
Then began a week full of school nativity shows! I have seen 5 different ones this week, which must be a record! It started at work where the youngest children performed their version of "A Little bird told me" it was magical.
Then it was Lotties turn in her schools version of the same play "A little bird told me" it too was magical, we had front row seats and she played one of the main characters, I felt like the proudest mummy ever as she said her words perfectly and winked at us from the stage!
Then it was my turn as my class performed our play "do the Christmas rock"! I love Christmas plays but it is hard work, so I always breath a huge sigh of relieve when it's over! This years play included lots of hand jives and dance routines so as well as enjoying doing it I've had the added bonus of losing weight as we have been practising the routines daily!
Then it was Lotties turn in her schools version of the same play "A little bird told me" it too was magical, we had front row seats and she played one of the main characters, I felt like the proudest mummy ever as she said her words perfectly and winked at us from the stage!
Then it was my turn as my class performed our play "do the Christmas rock"! I love Christmas plays but it is hard work, so I always breath a huge sigh of relieve when it's over! This years play included lots of hand jives and dance routines so as well as enjoying doing it I've had the added bonus of losing weight as we have been practising the routines daily!
Play number 4 was at Lotties school again but this time the oldest children. It was lovely to just sit watching as a family seeing as we had no children in this one. As hubby is the Chair of Governors at the school we went to show our support. It was another nativity based story and the children sang beautifully.
Then finally on Friday it was Toms turn. Hubby and I both managed to get the afternoon off work to watch it. Now he is at middle school I wondered how they would do a play with so many children. There are about 180 year 5 children! It was fantastic, Tom had auditioned and had a part on the stage while the rest of the classes stood and sung in front of the stage. I was again a very proud mum and can't believe my little boy is nearly 10. He looked so grown up. (Unfortunately they wouldn't let us take photos at Toms! However I've got my lovely memories of him on stage!)
After such a busy week we've had a busy weekend too. We travelled 300 miles north to visit mum and dad and my in laws. A hug from my mum and dad is what I needed after the last few weeks. It felt amazing. Mum Lottie and I all had a pampering treat on Saturday morning, we all had our nails done for Christmas-a sparkly glittery Christmas red!
We also surprised my father in law. Happy 70th Birthday! A friend made the most amazing cake for us as I just haven't had a spare five minutes. She did an incredible job and we managed to get it up in one piece which was just as amazing!
I'm hoping this week will be slightly less frantic and I can at least grab an hour or so to write cards and wrap presents!
I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x