Pages

Friday, 11 April 2014

Love the Little Things #12

Its a Friday again! Yippee and this week we've been off school.  So here are some of things that have made us smile this week.

I'm joining in with Morgana over at Butwhymummywhy (I know I'm a little behind everyone else, but I do enjoy this little look back at the week that was, I'm just not great at finding the time to sit and type our weekly news!)

READ
I've finished Shock of the Fall this week.  It was so different from the books I normally read but I really enjoyed it.  It kept me intrigued all the way through, it is well worth a read and I can understand why it won an award earlier in the year.

WATCHED 

On Saturday we watched Rio 2.  I say we, as there were 11 of us.  We took the children and 7 of Lotties friends as her birthday treat.  It was great, all the carnival music, colour and comedy moments. The girls enjoyed loved it, they were giggling and dancing in their seats all the way through.  Tom however, said he preferred the first film to this one.  Hubby somehow managed to fall asleep, leaving me to keep an eye on all the children and do the toilet trips!!!

WORE
Today I got all our summery things out of the loft.  The sun has been shining and its been wonderful.  I bought some lovely new sandals and painted my toe nails.  Bring on the sunshine!

HEARD
I'm loving The Man By Aloe Blacc since he was on The Voice Final last weekend. I must admit I wasn't too keen at first but it's been on the radio all week and it's grown on me. 

MADE

Our own Hot Cross Buns.  They were yummy warm from the oven. I've also been busy making Lottie's birthday cake. She will be 7 tomorrow! Every year I've made the children a novelty birthday cake.  I remember my mum making me and my brother the most amazing birthday cakes each year as we grew up and it was something I wanted to carry on for my children. This year Lottie has chosen a sweet filled bag as her cake! 
 

AND LASTLY...
We are making the most of our school holidays, catching up on sleep, catching up with friends and catching up on odd jobs around the house and garden. We had a super day out yesterday to the Living Rainforest near Newbury where we met my sister in law and beautiful niece.  The children had a great time playing together. Here they are with the monkey masks they made.   Three Cheeky Monkeys. 
 

2 comments:

  1. We love Rio2! Rio 1 is playing non stop on the ipad until we got hold of number 2! My son loves to sing the songs from Rio2 as well cuz they are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hot cross buns look yum! Really must give them a go.
    The girls are desperate to see Rio 2, so think we'll be doing a cinema trip very soon. Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I read them all avidly. Thanks x